Pivot Shuttle SL 29 Ebike - Pro X01 - Blue Denim - 2022
The Pivot Cycles Shuttle SL 29 Pro X01 is an E-Bike with crisp steering, especially designed to bring the energy and agility of a trail bike to the electric sector. Unusually light for an E-Bike, with a drive unit weighing just 4.2kg, it will give you the powerful assistance that you need to extend your range, along with the lively feel that got you hooked on trail riding in the first place.
The FAZUA Ride 60 motor/battery unit, integrated into the downtube so that it's close to the bike's centre of gravity for better handling, provides 60Nm of torque and 450W of maximum power with the help of a 430W/hr battery. It offers Boost mode, along with three pedal assist levels to help you cycle at a consistent pace on rolling terrain, while dw-link™ suspension helps to counteract the effects of even the roughest surface.
The 132mm of rear travel, with dual piston damper and pedal-friendly shock absorption, is paired with 150mm of front travel, courtesy of a specialist Fox Factory E-MTB 38 GRIP2 fork. The latter delivers the stiffness, smooth action, quality damping and tunability that trail and cross-country cyclists look for, in a robust package that is up to the task of handling the weight of an E-Bike.
Meanwhile, the light, all-mountain aluminium 29” DT Swiss XM1700 wheelset, with strong Maxxis Dissector tyres, balances weight and strength with aplomb to help the bike stand up to any terrain you care to try it on. The super-precise SRAM X01 Eagle shifter works seamlessly with the matching derailleur, with its superior chain management ability, to control the function of the light SRAM XG-1275 cassette. This will work hard all day to give you optimal shifting performance and allow you to tackle the hardest climbs on your bucket list.
The light, tight and durable, Kashima coated Fox Transfer Factory Series dropper seatpost is easy to service and will let you spend more time on the trails rather than in the garage, while the comfortable but extra-light Phoenix WTB Volt Pro saddle is easy to shift about on but will hold you firmly in position when needed, even in the wet. Then, when it's time to check your speed, you can count on the reliable Shimano XT M8120 4-piston disc brakes to do their job at the critical moment.
Finally, the battery can be charged in situ, without any need to remove it, and should take under three and a half hours to charge. How far that charge will take you will depend on the level of assistance you use, your own weight and the layout of the terrain you decide to tackle. Expect there to be charge remaining after a three to four hour ride with 1,000m of climbing, though.
All these features make the Pivot Cycles Shuttle SL 29 Pro X01 an immensely fun trail bike that handles beautifully, with or without assistance, and always gives a natural ride feel. You'll forget you're on an E-Bike, especially since the drive unit will automatically cut out once you reach the speed of 20mph. Boasting a great power to weight ratio and flip chip technology to ensure a perfect fit for all cyclists, the Shuttle SL 29 Pro X01 offers a game-changing experience for trail and XC fans who want to explore further and faster than ever before.
- This E-Bike will put the zip back into your trail cycling
- Perfect for XC fans who want to ride further, better and faster
- Built around Pivot Cycles' expertly moulded carbon fibre chassis
- With DT Swiss XM1700 wheelset with DT Swiss 350 Hub and 36t Star Ratchet, 30mm F, 28mm R – 29”
- Maxxis Dissector 29” x 2.4” tyres
- dw-link™ suspension system to maximise pedalling efficiency
- Fox Factory FLOATX shock gives 132mm of rear travel
- Fox Factory E-MTB 36 GRIP2 fork, 44mm offset, gives 150mm of travel
- FAZUA Ride 60 Drive System with a 430Wh battery
- SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed Rear Derailleur
- SRAM XG-1275 10-51t cassette
- SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed shifter
- Shimano XT M8120 4-piston calliper
- ROTOR EKAPIC E-MTB crankset
- Phoenix Team Low Rise Carbon handlebar absorbs shocks and maximises control
- Pivot Cycles' own Phoenix Team Enduro/Trail stem
- Fox Transfer Factory Series seatpost
- Phoenix WTB Volt Pro saddle