Santa Cruz Highball 29 CC XTR/ENVE Kit
The Santa Cruz Highball 29 is unapologetically fast, surprisingly fun, and every bit a Santa Cruz mountain bike.
This Santa Cruz CC carbon Highball represents the pinnacle of Santa Cruz's engineering and carbon fiber manufacturing capabilities. It's been trimmed, optimized, strengthened, and dialed in just right, so that they can use the least amount of material possible and still deliver you a bike that's as stiff, fast, strong, and durable as you expect it to be.
The Santa Cruz Highball is now available in 29” and 27.5”. You pick (but you're currently looking at the 29er version). Santa Cruz tried to keep the handling characteristics the same between the two bikes, and let the wheel size’s traits shine through. One difference –the 27.5” version has a size small, while this 29er does not, and that the 29er has an XXL, while the 27.5” does not.
On the 29er, Santa Cruz shortened the chainstays by almost a half-inch, and stretched out the front end of the bike by about the same. This allows you to run a more modern stem/bar combo and makes the bike a little quicker in the corners. A lot of folks want to talk about head tube angle when they talk about hardtails, but teh Santa Cruz team rode a lot of different options, and decided the 70.5-degree angle they used on the first Santa Cruz Highball was spot-on. It strikes the right balance of quick handling and stability, and won’t wander on you when you’re climbing.
The carbon layup changed a bit, too, particularly in the seat stays and seat tube, and they reduced the seat post size to 27.2mm, which adds some compliance you’ll appreciate when you’re 80 miles in to a 100-mile race. All the cables route internally, now, but that doesn’t mean multiple obscenity-laden nights in the garage to get it set up. Everything has either a tunnel or an easy-to-route cable guide to make it as hassle-free as possible.
- Frame Material Carbon CC
- Fork Fox 32 Float CTD Adjust Factory Kashima 100mm w/15mm through axle and tapered steerer
- Shock N/A
- About N/A
- Front Dérailleur Shimano XTR
- Rear Dérailleur Shimano XTR M9000 GS Shadow Plus
- Shifters Shimano XTR M9000
- Crankset Shimano XTR M9020 2x11 26/36
- Cassette Shimano XTR M9000, 11sp, 11-40
- Chain Shimano XTR M9000, 11sp
- Brakes Shimano XTR M9000 w/Shimano RT86 Ice-Tech Rotors, 160mm
- Headset Cane Creek 110 series tapered, cartridge bearing
- Bars Santa Cruz Carbon 720mm Flat Bar, 31.8mm clamp
- Stem Syntace F109
- Grips ESI Racer's Edge
- Front Hub DT Swiss 240 15x100
- Rear Hub DT Swiss 240 142x12
- Rims WTB Asym i19
- Spokes DT Swiss Competition Double-Butted
- Front Tire Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2, Tubeless Ready
- Rear Tire Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2, Tubeless Ready
- Tubes Stans Sealant
- Seat Post Syntace P6, 27.2x400mm
- Saddle WTB SIlverado SLT titanium
Frame: Signs of shoe rub on chainstay and crankset, paint scrapes and imperfections, mostly on rear triangle.
Drivetrain: Cleaned, tuned and inspected for wear or damage, scratches on crankarms.
Brakes: Cleaned and inspected for damage or excessive wear.
Wheels: Trued wheels and inspected for damage or excessive wear. Rim decal imperfections.
Suspension: Suspension cleaned and inspected for damage and wear.