Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon MX - GX AXS - Gloss Black - 2024
The best handling trail bike ever
The 5010 is not just "the little bike" of our range. It makes even the most mundane trails feel like they're loaded with features to hop, skip and jump over. It's like having super-skills at your fingertips. The 5010 has always been more capable than many expected but with the traction-gaining 29-inch wheel up front and even more refined suspension the 5010 gives you a deft touch on the trails.
- Available in: Carbon CC
- Wheel Size: MX
- Front Travel: 140mm
- Rear Travel: 130mm
- SRAM Eagle Transmission - stronger, better shifting, wirelessly: The next generation SRAM Eagle Transmission is a radically robust, fully integrated and interdependent wireless transmission. Built around the universal constant of the wheel axle itself, the Full Mount hangerless attachment creates a far stronger connection to the frame and the super strong derailleur provides unprecedented strength. Shifting under load is made possible due to a combination of X-SYNC technology and cassette mapping, creating seamless shifts even during your hardest power output. The new AXS Pods are extremely ergonomic and highly customizable, so shifting gears is light and intuitive. It's simply the most advanced transmission and nearly as tough as the mountain itself.
- MX: The bigger 29 front wheel provides traction where the 27.5 rear wheel provides ability for agility. The combination results in stupid fun.
- The Glovebox keeps your essentials within reach, including your driving gloves. Also comes with a Tool Wallet and Tube Purse for keeping things organized.
- 130mm of VPP travel, Relatively short chainstays and a low BB creates laser sharp handling and an insatiable appetite for negotiating steep, technical climbs.
- Chainstay length and seat tube angle is matched to the frame size so every rider, no matter their height, gets the same balanced geometry.
The mixed wheel configuration of a 29-inch wheel up front provides traction and stability, while the 27.5" rear wheel allows for quick back wheel steering and lifting.
Place your ride essentials securely beneath a new high-quality latch and panel in the 5010's downtube. The Glovebox comes with a fitted Tool Wallet and Tube Purse, tailored for the frame to keep your tools close to hand.
Full carbon CC frame
CC frames use the very best materials and production processes available. We tailor stiffness for every size to make sure everyone gets the same ride quality. Bigger riders means greater stresses on larger frames, but that's remedied with our size-specific frame stiffness tunes.
A window allows easier suspension sag and setup. The details are completed by a neat mud flap to protect the rear shock plus tidy cable routing within the frame and swingarm, and rubberized DT protectors to shrug off strikes.
Made to last many lifetimes
The legendary Santa Cruz fit, finish and quality construction put this into a league of its own. The frame, bearings and optional Reserve wheels come with a lifetime warranty and any service is easy to do with our Rider Support pledge.
- Frame: Carbon C, MX, 130mm Travel
- Fork: RockShox Pike Select+, 140mm
Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+, 210x50
- Rims/Wheels: RaceFace ARC Offset 30
Hubs: (F) DT Swiss 370, 15x110, Torque Cap, 6-Bolt, 28h (R) DT Swis 370, 12x148, XD, 6-Bolt, 36t, 28h
Tires: (F) Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.4", 3C MaxxGrip, EXO (R) Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5"x2.4", 3C MaxxTerra, EXO
- Crankset: SRAM GX Eagle DUB T-Type
- Chainrings: SRAM GX Eagle T-Type, 32t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 73mm MTB Wide BB
Chain: SRAM GX Eagle T-Type, Flattop, 12spd
Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle AXS T-Type, 12spd
- Cassette/Rear Cogs: SRAM GX Eagle T-Type, 10-52t
- Shifters: SRAM AXS Pod Bridge
- Handlebars: Santa Cruz Carbon
- Grips: Santa Cruz Bicycles House Grips
- Stem: Burgtec Enduro MK3, 42mm
- Brakes: SRAM Code Bronze Stealth
- Pedals: Sold Separately
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Medium, CroMo
- Seat Post: OneUp V2 Dropper Post, 31.6