SRAM XXSL Eagle T-Type Flattop 12 Spd MTB Chain
The SRAM XX SL chain was specially developed to further optimize the Eagle Transmission drivetrain system. To really get the most out of it and raise the strength-to-weight ratio to an unprecedented level, the 12-speed T-Type chain features outer links with a cutout design. The innovative Flattop™ profile, already known from the road bike sector, not only adapts perfectly to the modern Superbike look, but also improves shifting performance and durability to a maximum.
Features of the SRAM XX Eagle SL Transmission chain
- Flattop™ construction on top for ultimate shifting performance and unparalleled aesthetics
- outer plates with cutouts for a super light chain design
- hard-chrome plated surfaces and hollow rivets for maximum durability
- including PowerLock™ chain connector matched to Flattop™ design
Note: Only compatible with SRAM Eagle Transmission drivetrains and T-Type components only. Not suitable for E-MTBs.
Flattop™ | To create cassettes with a wider ratio range and correspondingly smoother, smaller-step gear changes, it requires a narrower chain. To ensure that durability does not suffer, SRAM has added material to the flat side of the outer plates and hard-chrome plated the rivets, inner plates and bushings. This way, the Flattop™ chains not only outperform the conventional models in terms of tensile strength and durability, but also increase efficiency and smooth running properties.
- outer links: steel (nickel plated)
- inner links, rivets: steel (chrome-plated, hardened)
- chain connector: steel (nickel plated, PVD-coated)