Wolf Tooth Components LoneWolf Aero Chainguide - Braze-On Mount
The new LoneWolf Aero Chainguide prevents dropped chains on road, gravel, and CX bikes with 1x drivetrains. This chainguide has been tested and developed with Team Jumbo-Visma, has been trusted in road cycling’s biggest races, and ridden to victory in the 2023 Giro d'Italia. LoneWolf Aero Chainguide was also ridden to victory through truly epic conditions at Unbound Gravel 2023.
We think of this little chainguide as 30g of insurance for races where a dropped chain could cost you a shot at the podium. The LoneWolf Aero Chainguide is similar to our existing GnarWolf, and combines a low profile head that only covers the top and inboard side of the chain with our GuideLock quick adjustment system. This eliminates the need for shims and gives you security in a light, easy to use, and aerodynamically optimized chainguide solution.
- Compatible with bikes that have a braze-on front derailleur mount
- Only for use with 1x drivetrains
- Works with round or oval chainrings
- Three base sweep options for chainring sizes ranging from roughly 38T-62T based on frame; Low sweep for smaller chainrings in that range will be most popular
- Head has 8mm of adjustment for chainline via our GuideLock quick adjustment system
Eliminate Dropped Chains
The LoneWolf Aero Chainguide is a lightweight, sleek, reliable option to prevent dropped chains in road, gravel, and CX races. Think of it as 30g of insurance, where a dropped chain could cost you a shot at the podium.
Trusted In Cycling’s Biggest Races
Team Jumbo-Visma trusts the LoneWolf Aero Chainguide on their team bikes. It prevented dropped chains on the storied cobbles of Paris-Roubaix, won the Giro d’Italia, and is on board for The Tour de France. It was also on the winning bike at Unbound Gravel 2023 in some truly epic, muddy conditions.
Designed For 1x
The LoneWolf Aero Chainguide is compatible only with bikes that have a 1x drivetrain. This is because it uses the mount in place of a front derailleur. It can be paired with round and oval chainrings from roughly 38-62T.
The head of the LoneWolf Aero Chainguide must be within 2mm of the chain to be effective at preventing dropped chains. Three base sweep options cover the vast differences in chainring diameter from 38-62T. Our unique GuideLock quick adjustment system provides 8mm of positioning for chainline. A bolt on the inboard side of the mount can also rotate the chainguide head for maximum coverage.
- Weight: High Mount • 30g | Medium Mount • 29g | Low Mount • 33g
- Material: 6061-T6 machined aluminum base, stainless steel hardware, injection molded head